Ingersoll Family Piano


This piano belonged to the Ingersoll family. It was played often when this house was restored for the first time in 1921. At that time the birthplace served as a community center and housed, among other things, a public lending library.

The piano remained in the house during two long periods of neglect: from the Great Depression until 1954, and from the early 1960s until 1986. Though the case remains relatively intact, the piano has suffered irreparable internal damage and cannot be tuned or played.



Loan of Lou Schuerholz